Nogales Hosts Anticipated College Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nogales Hosts Anticipated College Fair

Samantha Acevedo, Junior

As students, it is a huge priority to prepare for college by asking college representatives about financial aid, necessities to apply, and the list goes on. Nogales High School hosted the annual College Fair on Wednesday September 20 at 5:30 in the multi purpose room.
Students are given pamphlets and brochures, allowing them to learn more about the specific schools and the courses they offer for various majors.
When asked about living on campus Armando Torres, the representative from the University of California, Santa Barbara spoke about what it is like living in dorms. “Getting to live on campus makes you feel pretty independent. I recommend it for students who are not local, it’s way more convenient.”
Many representatives had submission forms for students, allowing them to give their names and email addresses to get in contact with other representatives, from various universities.
The College Fair was highly anticipated, and the event was recommended by teachers and staff members for students who happen to show high interest in attending College.
Representatives from prestigious schools such as Stanford, University of California Santa Barbara, and University of California Irvine were there to help students learn more about their programs.
Next year, the Annual College Fair will be held at Rowland High School.