Power 106 basketball game

Kyle Vergara, Junior

Students had a chance to see the Noble Staff show off their skills on the basketball court last month.

Nogales High School held their annual Power 106 Game. On March 22nd, nogales high school staff played against the power 106 celebrity team in their game.

The Nogales Staff that were not playing in the event were still involved by cheering on the noble team.

Even though they played well, the NHS staff could not get the win, but they still had a fun night.

Students were having a good time watching the game, singing along, and dancing to the music.

Despite a good start in the first half, the score was 22-32 and the noble team were down by 10 points. School principal, Mr. Nasouf, had an amazing time playing basketball, and was a star player for nogales.The Power 106 Team played top hits throughout the game and during the halftime show they had two upcoming artists perform.

Towards the end of the first half and the start of the halftime show, the Power 106 Team began to give away free shirts and hats to energize the crowd.

During the halftime show, the Power 106 radio station, had two upcoming celebrities sing off their freestyles. When the halftime show was coming to an end, Ser’ Darius Blain, who starred in the movie Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, joined in the game with the Power 106 Team.

In the second half, it was an intense atmosphere due to how close the score was. Unfortunately, towards the end of the second half, the Power 106 Celebrity team consistently kept making their shots and the nogales staff was not able to catch up.

The game ended with the score of 58-65. Although the nobles lost, the event was still a success.