Nogales after school tutoring center

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nogales after school tutoring center

Jared Pacaoan, Freshman

In the library of  Nogales High School, a tutoring center is accessible for students that need the extra assistance.

This is a place for students to get the extra help that they need in various subjects. Students are also able to use the hours to simply work on homework.

In addition, the computers and printers are available from 3-5 pm for student use.

With the tutoring center as a resource, students are able to expand their knowledge. The tutoring center is an extraordinary place for students in need for homework help, assignment assistance, or for students to understand a subject better.

Mr. Aguilar, an algebra teacher, hopes that his students take advantage of the tutoring center. Mr. Aguilar stated, “My goals for students is to fill bubbles in their knowledge because not all students understand everything in one lesson.”

Ms. Solano, an english teacher, also wants students to get help when needed: “My goals is to just help students that need support in their knowledge and to make sure that it goes up.”

Students can take advantage of this resource to make sure that they are successful in their education.

Tutoring is held after school from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m on Monday to Thursday in the library. Math and English are  on Mondays – Thursdays, 3:00 to 4:00 PM. Biology is on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:00 to 4:00 PM.