Nogales boys varsity soccer draws against Sierra Vista

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sierra Vista vs. Nogales during a prep soccer match at Nogales High School on Thursday, January 24, 2019 in La Puente, California. (Photo by Keith Birmingham, Pasadena Star-News/SCNG)

Staff Photographer

Staff Photographer

Staff Photographer

Victor Uribe, Freshman

On Tuesday afternoon, January 24, Nogales’ boys varsity soccer team tied against Sierra Vista High School in a league matchup that featured two teams that are in contention to win the Montview league championship.

The game started very quickly and remained fast-paced as both teams battled each other. Sierra Vista and Nogales scored one goal each to end the first half in a tie.

In the second half,  the tempo of the match slowed down, and both teams were not able to score a goal nor take the lead.

The game ended with a score of one-to-one with mixed feelings on both sides of the fields.

This game was the second to last game for the Nobles as they wrap up another season with a solid league record of five wins, two losses and two ties. This includes an overall record of fifteen wins, five losses, and three draws.

When asked about how the season went, Sophomore varsity player, Victor Fregoso, described  his appreciation of the team: “The season went well, of course, the goal is to be perfect, we took a couple of losses but overall, I am happy on how the season went, and the guys played well.”