Nogales ASB hoping to rebound with Upcoming Sports Rally

Fernando Rax, Sophomore

Next month, the Nogales ASB will host the second sports rally of the 2018-2019 school year.

The sports rally will be held on April 12th, 2019 in the Mack Place Pavilion during fourth period. Athletes engaged in winter and spring sports will be recognized in front of fellow students and staff.

Compared to last semester’s sports rally, there will be more sports displayed for the school. The sports are track and field, badminton, boys tennis, girls water polo, baseball, and softball.

Some like sports rallies ore because athletes get noticed. “I prefer the sports rallies at Nogales because athletes like myself are recognized for our hard work and dedication towards our respective sports,” explained Omar Morales, a sophomore varsity long distance runner on the Nogales track and field team.

Ernie Cheng, a sophomore varsity badminton player, expressed his hopes of getting some attention: “Badminton seems to be an overlooked sport at Nogales. Hopefully, the recognition received from the sports rally places badminton on the map.”

Students in ASB are refining the way rallies are hosted, as a result from the critical feedback expressed by many Nobles following the previous Renaissance rally. On the weeks leading up to the rally, ASB will be working tirelessly to perfect this event.

Although the sports rally applauds athletes of the school, the audience will also have a memorable experience. There will be games to spark school spirit between the freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.

School spirit will further be exemplified by students showing off their class colors and competing in the traditional Noble spellout. Students should also be on the lookout for a performance by the Nogales Dance Crew, which was arguably the highlight of the previous rally.