Fall Sports Rally warmly welcomes students to a new year

Jessica Saralegui, Freshman

Recently, students and teachers had a warm welcoming with fall rally.

On September 13, ASB hosted the sports rally to welcome back the students and staff and to recognize the fall sports

teams, including cheer, football, girls tennis, boys water polo, cross country, the nogales dance crew and the Emeralds.

The rally started off with each team getting recognized individually. As they went up to the center of the gym and showed their spirit with a short chant. Freshman, Nicole Arguijo, found it amusing seeing all the teams putting on a short performance. “I think it was cool to see all the teams go up and perform for the crowd.”

A few other of the teams, including Cheer, Emeralds and T.N.D.C, prepared routines to perform  for the crowd and pump them up. The cheer team demonstrated an amazing routine with jumps and tosses that had the crowds screaming. T.N.D.C also performed a fun and entertaining hip hop dance that everyone enjoyed.

ASB also had several different games planned where the athletes competed with one another in an attempt to win. The crowd went wild as they cheered on their peers while they participated in the activities. 

At the end of the rally, it was announced that this year’s homecoming theme would be “Grease”. After the big reveal, each class had a chance to show their Noble Spirit in the Noble Spell Out.

One student had hoped to see the band, “I enjoyed it, it was entertaining. But, I wish band had performed because band is one of the most entertaining parts of High School.” stated freshman, Gabriel Fraguere.

The first rally of the school year was a success. Students cannot wait for what ASB has in store for the upcoming Renaissance rally on November 22.