November’s Upcoming events – Save the Date

Giselle Arcos, Freshman

November is a very busy month for Nogales students as we jump into a new month with numerous events.

Monday, November 11th is Veterans’ Day. There will be no school for all students in honor of U.S. military veterans who have served. 

Boys’ Varsity Soccer will be playing two games this November. They will be competing at home against Baldwin Park (November 19th) at 5:00 PM and Northview (November 21st) at 3:15 PM. 

Boys’ JV soccer is also competing against Baldwin Park (November 19th) and Northview High School ( November 21st).  Both are home games that start at 3:15 PM.

The Boys’ Varsity Basketball team is beginning their games at 6:30 PM throughout the month against Baldwin Park (21st) and La Puente High School (22nd). Sophomore, Trevor Valera feels all of their practicing will pay off in the end. “ Our team will work hard throughout our basketball season.”

Boys’ JV Basketball  will be competing at home against Baldwin Park (21st) at 4:45 PM and La Puente High School (22nd) at 5:00 PM. 

Girls’ Varsity Water Polo begins their games at 3:15 PM against San Dimas (21st) and Baldwin Park High School (22nd). Junior, Doris Fong explains the excitement of hopefully winning a championship this year. “ The Nogales Girls’ Water polo team are expected to go to CIF this year, we have high expectations of ourselves and hope to come first in the league.” 

Girls’ JV Water Polo will also be playing home games against multiple schools at 4:15 PM including San Dimas (21st) and Baldwin Park High School (22nd). 

The Renaissance Rally will be on November 22, and  Spirit Week will go from the 18 to 22.  

The month ends with Thanksgiving break, where students get a week of rest. Thanksgiving Break will begin on the 25th and continue through the 29th of November.