Herencia Latina Club Presents Latin Ball

Giselle Arcos, Freshmen

Nogales’ Herencia Latina Club will once again organize one of the students most anticipated annual events, The Latin Ball. The theme of the night is “Viva La Fiesta Latina” ( Long Live the Latin Fiesta). 

The event will take place on Friday March 16th from 7 p.m to 11 p.m in the MPR. Students are encouraged to dress up in fiesta/vaquero (cowboy) style for the night. Vice President of the club, Tania Motoya comments, “We want everyone to go and experience Latin culture and to just have a good time.”

Tickets will be available for sale on January 30th, at the ASB store. There will be a limited number of tickets sold for the event. For non ASB card holders entrance fees will cost $34 each and with ASB, tickets will be sold for $29 each. Ticket prices for guests will be $39 each. 

With the purchase of your ticket, dinner will be included and served from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Dinner will consist of a plate of tacos with a side of beans and rice. The food also comes along with aguas frescas (flavored drinks). Performing at The Latin Ball this year is a band known as, “Banda El Coronel” who will be there from  8 p.m to 11 p.m.  

Numerous students are thrilled for the Latin Ball this year because of the activities held within the event. Student, Giselle Carlos says, “The Latin Ball seems very exciting because I get to express my culture and have fun with my friends.”

The Herencia Latina club is working hard to coordinate an enjoyable evening celebrating Latin culture.