Ib sponsors their annual Dr. Seuss Night

Camille de Guzman, Senior

Dr. Seuss night is an annual event which is organized by the IB Diploma students in honor of famed children’s author, Dr. Seuss. This event has been held for ten years now, and many of the children from around the district come to enjoy it. This year, it will be held on March 5th at 3PM in the Nogales library.

Kindergarteners to 3rd graders from the local elementary schools are invited to attend the event which has reading circles, arts and crafts along with other activities including a visit from the one and only Cat in the Hat

Mr. Woodside, the IB coordinator, says he enjoys this activity and seeing all of the future Nogales Students, “I love the event as it presents us with an opportunity to meet the students who will attend our school in the future and because it promotes the importance of reading.” 

Woodside also believes that the IB kids do a fantastic job each year since they are the ones who run the event.

IB Senior and president of IB questers is looking forward to organizing the fun filled afternoon, Tatiana Orellana says,“I’m excited to plan Dr Seuss night! Last year it was a success and I can’t wait to once again immerse kids into the fantastical world of Dr. Seuss.”

When the night is finished, each student who attends will be able to choose one book to take home with them which are donated from students and clubs such as National Honor Society (NHS).

NHS donates dozens of books to aid this worthy events students NHS can obtain community service hours if they donate books, which can be handed in M-207 by March 24th