Nogales Now Offers Tutoring/Tutoring at Nogales/RUSD Tutoring

Ashley Castro, Freshman

During distance learning, many students are having difficulty keeping up with their classwork. Nogales is now providing extra services for students. You can get help with your homework and classwork and get tips on writing essays and have some more time to study.

These sessions are offered to all students attending Nogales High School and Rowland High School to provide extra help at home. Vice Principal Joseph Archival comments that the school is trying to prevent students from getting too far behind and this “will not only improve their chances of passing all of their classes, and in the long run, graduate from high school, but it also fosters confidence and a feeling of accomplishment.”

Archival also believes that this aids students well being.“This additional resource will not only help with the students academic needs but their overall state of happiness.” 

These online meetings were created with the intent to support students during the COVID-19 pandemic and Rowland Unified District is willing to pitch in to help students find success. According to Vice Principal Joseph Archival, ¨[We] are willing to allocate additional resources (financial and personnel) to guarantee that students get the support they need, so they will succeed in all of their classes. This is our way of showing our commitment to our students and our community.¨ 

To participate and take part in this you would need to first log into the Google Classroom with the code: 3k44rbk. Once you do that, the links will be found on your Google calendar and your assignment tab. You will participate in a Zoom call, where you will get put into a breakout room with the subject of your choice. You can also see the subjects taught by the tutor and what is being moderated, allowing you to be sure of what the Zoom call you are attending is about.

In these lessons, you will be moderated by teachers and by college students. If you are interested in joining these sessions, they will be hosted on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 3:30 to 7:00 pm. On Wednesdays, they will take place from 10:30 am and end at 7:00 pm.

Tutoring is a great way for you to get help on a subject or if you need practice in some areas. These sessions can provide a wonderful outcome and keep your grades up in your classes. This is a highly recommended resource and is worth attending,  If you have any other questions you are welcome to contact Mrs. Ruesga at [email protected].