College and Career Center is Now Open in the Library

Danelli Roque, Senior

The College and Career Center is a place where all students can visit to seek support for their future. It is beneficial for students to attend if they need advice for the path they desire to take after high school. 

Our guidance tech, Ms. Moreno explains that her position is to help students: ¨I provide college and career resources, scholarships and SAT preparation. I also distribute information about financial aid and what steps students should take freshman year to senior year to prepare for colleges and careers.¨

The College and Career Center is such a wonderful resource on campus, especially for seniors. Ms. Moreno described the types of scholarships seniors can apply for: “Scholarships we offer to the seniors are the college board scholarship, local scholarships, national scholarships like the Coca-Cola scholarship, Burger King, and other pre-college scholarships.¨ Not only can seniors use the College and Career Center, but all grade levels are encouraged to visit and ask any questions. 

The College and Career Center is open before school at 7:30 AM, during lunch and after school until 4PM. It is located inside the library. You can always contact Ms. Moreno if you have further questions at [email protected], call her at 626-965-3437 ext. 3511 or text class code @7kh8g8 to 81010 on remind to get updates.