Nogales’ Spooky October Concert

Tony Reynoso, Senior

The Nogales Orchestra will be performing alongside the Rowland Orchestra in the Art Center at Rowland High School. 

The concert was supposed to be held on October 22nd at 7 pm, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the concert has been pushed back to a later date that has not yet been confirmed. 

Unfortunately, tickets are already sold out. Luckily, for those who did not get a ticket, the concert will be streamed live on the Nogales YouTube channel (“Nogales High School on YouTube).

The Concert will feature Nogales High School, Rowland High School, Giano Intermediate, Alvarado Intermediate, Telesis Academy and Oswalt Academy. 

This spooky production will consist of many chilling and nerve racking halloween songs including, “The Curse of the Rosin Eating Zombies from Outer Space” by Richard Meyer, “Phantom Waltz” by Meredith Monk and “Attack of the Basses” by Bob Phillips.

Senior and orchestra member, Kimberly Sanabria, expressed how hard she and her classmates have been working: “We have been practicing and rehearsing so much this past month, I’m so thrilled to see how well we’ll do.”   

Orchestra director, Mr. Chen stated, “Making music last year online was very challenging, and I’m really glad to be making music in person again. I am very much looking forward to seeing how well my students perform in this concert.” This will be the Orchestra’s first concert in almost 2 years.