Visual and Performing Arts Groups of Nogales are Having a Showcase

Britney Monico, Senior

Students from TNDC, joined by English teacher and coach, Ms.Ellis will be hosting a show which is set to include the performances of the Nogales visual and performing arts groups (VAPA). The show is being held on May 5th and 6th at the Rowland Unified School District performing arts center (PAC).

This event will include the following performing art teams: Cheer, Colorguard, TNDC, Jazz Band, Folkorico, Drama and Choir. This event will also have photography students and non performative students displaying their work. 

Miss Ellis explained how the purpose of this showcase is to show off the different art classes and clubs on campus: “We are hoping to encourage school spirit and for our performing arts programs to feel appreciated and recognized for their talent that they will be putting out there.”

From 6 PM to 7 PM, there will be a gallery dedicated for photo and non-performative students. From 7 PM to 9 PM, the performing arts—  which include the singers, dancers and musicians, will be performing.

Ellis also described how this event came to its fruition. “Mainly, the whole show was created by myself and Dr. Archival, with help of teachers from various programs.”

Tickets will be on sale at the ASB store starting in April for $10 regular admission and $7 for those who are 12 years old or under. You may also purchase at the same day of the event.